getStockForecast() Netscript Function

  • sym (string) – Symbol of stock
RAM cost:

2.5 GB

Returns the probability that the specified stock’s price will increase (as opposed to decrease) during the next tick.

The probability is returned as a decimal value, NOT a percentage (e.g. if a stock has a 60% chance of increasing, then this function will return 0.6, NOT 60).

In other words, if this function returned 0.30 for a stock, then this means that the stock’s price has a 30% chance of increasing and a 70% chance of decreasing during the next tick.

In order to use this function, you must first purchase access to the Four Sigma (4S) Market Data TIX API.